As a puppy mom, every time I bake cookies for myself, for friends – basically, other humans – I would feel super guilty when I looked down to see a pair of puppy eyes asking me: “Where are my treats mom?”
NOW, I don’t have to feel that guilt any longer! This recipe is for a healthy, homemade dog biscuit that humans can eat too, if they so desire!
Please try it and let me know how your furry friends like it!
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil (canola, coconut, veggie)
- 2 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the whole wheat flour and the baking soda. In a separate bowl, mix the pumpkin, peanut butter, eggs, and oil. Mix well.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and knead until a stiff dough forms.
- Flour a countertop and a rolling pin. Roll out the dough, and use a cookie cutter to cut out various shapes! (I used a doggy bone cookie cutter and some paw shapes.) If you want to put the dogs’ names on the biscuit, you can indent the dough with a chopstick before baking
- Bake for 15 minutes. Place on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely!