Hands up if you have ever spent $2.95 a few times a week at Starbucks for a Banana Nut Bread! ME! OMG! ME!
I get how easy it is to just grab and go, picking up a warmed banana nut bread from Starbucks is JUST SO EASY!
What if I told you there is a simple recipe, that takes no more than 15 minutes to whip up (and 1 hour to bake) that can yield 8 servings? LOOK BELOW!
- 1 cup of cane sugar
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 2 large eggs, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup of walnuts OR pecans
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of walnuts OR pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Create “wings” with parchment paper and put into a breadpan. Spray with vegetable oil. This will help you after the bread bakes – trust me!
- Cream together the butter and sugar until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, until fully combined, then the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas. You can make it as creamy or chunky as you wish. Add the milk and the cinnamon. Mix well.
- In yet another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Into the butter, sugar, eggs mixture, add the banana mixture. Combine completely.
- Then, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. Slowly stir in the 1 cup of nuts.Make sure not to overmix (it will create a dense bread).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- On top of the mixture, sprinkle brown sugar and 1/4 cup of walnuts on top.
- Place in oven and bake for 60-65 minutes.
- Let cool. Remove from the bread the pan by lifting up both of the wings! Remember the wings??? So easy! ENJOY!