Raise your hand if you LOVE Bark Thins! Teehee! ME~~~~
I love all chocolate, but Bark Thins hold a special place in my heart, and quite a large dent on my wallet, because of their chocolate combinations with nuts and other goodies!
Many times, I have these late-night cravings and NO BARK THINS. BUT, I do have the ingredients that go into Bark Thins – chocolate and nuts and salt! When I am overcome with these chocolate cravings (which happens quite often TBH), I can make the bark in less than an hour!!!!!
Matty had a joke for you all:
“I asked the dog, ‘What’s your favorite dessert?’ and the dog replied, “BARK! BARK!” Harhar
On that note, read the recipe below and TRY IT! SOOOOOOO EASY AND YUMMY!!!
- chocolate morsels/chips of your choice (I picked dark!)
- The following are optional, depending on what you want on your bark:
- sliced almonds
- pecan pieces
- coconut flakes
- Himalayan salt
- dried cherries
- Prepare your baking sheets and place parchment paper over the sheet.
- Place a heat-safe bowl over a pot of boiling water. Place chocolate pieces in bowl and heat up until it has melted into a smooth consistency.
- Pour (or spoon) the melted chocolate onto your prepared parchment-covered baking sheets and spread until the chocolate is about 1/2-inch thick. WHILE THE CHOCOLATE IS STILL WARM, sprinkle your chosen bark topping on top of the chocolate. The bark on the left has pecans, walnuts, almonds, coconut, and cherries. I call it my ‘EVERYTHING’ BARK. The bark on the right has sliced almond and Himalayan salt! 🙂
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes, or allow to cool at room temperature for at least 5 hours.
- Break about with your hands or a pizza wheel into eatable pieces.