I HAVE NEVER MADE GRILLED CHEESE BEFORE TODAY.
I REPEAT: I HAVE NEVER MADE GRILLED CHEESE BEFORE TODAY.
Reason: I thought it was so complicated and intricate, and I always wondered how people got that char of toasted brown on the bread! Obviously, growing up in a traditionally Korean household, neither of my parents made grilled cheese sandwiches!
I now have the answer!! MUAHAHAHAAAAAAA~~~
Ingredients for 2 sandwiches:
- 4 slices of bread (I LOVE 12-Grain)
- 2 slices of your favorite cheese (I prefer cheddar or provolone)
- 1 tbsp butter
- Heat frying pan on medium heat. Wait until the pan is heated up. To test, I flick some drops of water on the pan and see if they fizz and sizzle.
- Butter each slice of bread on one side. Place on the hot pan (butter side DOWN). Place the cheese on top! Cook for 3 minutes, or until the bottom of the bread is toasted light brown.
- Place the second slice of bread BUTTER SIDE UP. FLIP!
- Repeat for 2nd sandwich.
- Slice in half and ENJOY!
Recommended: Serve with Tomato Soup! 🙂