This past weekend, Hye Bin had a 4 day weekend from her program. Because she has been such a great partner and a great chef for me for the longest time, I wanted to make her a special meal. I thought to myself, “What is something delicious that I can make better than her? What has she never had before?” and then I got it – I could use the grill to make her delicious kebabs (or, as I have usually called them – skewers).
While Hye Bin is usually easily excitable, she was truly happy with these skewers, and gobbled up 3 – yes 3 of these all on her own. To be fair, I had 3 myself.
- 1/2 lb steak
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 yellow sweet onions
- 1/4 cup of low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup spicy mustard
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 7 skewers
- 2 Ziploc Bags
- The night before you plan to grill, soak the skewers in cold water.
- Make the marinade by mixing the low-sodium soy sauce, spicy mustard, vegetable oil, and paprika. Separate marinade into 2 Ziploc bags. Cut the chicken and steak into 1 inch pieces. Place in the marinade – the chicken in one bag and the steak in one bag.
- Cut the onion and bell pepper into 1 inch pieces.
- On a skewer, place the meat and vegetables. Try to place the pieces a little bit apart, so that they will have ample opportunity to cook.
- On the grill, cook for approximately 5 minutes per side, and then a bit more until the edges of the veggies and meat are slightly charred.
- Serve & Enjoy.