Guess what Wednesday, September 21st is?!?!? It is two things: (1) It is the last day of summer insert sobs here, and (2) it is also the last day of my summer/pre-fall term for my masters program insert YAYS here! I have made it a fourth of the way through graduate school!
In order to celebrate, I have decided to make my special snickerdoodle minis for everyone in my life who has made this past term at STEP so meaningful!
These snickerdoodle minis are my #1 go-to when I want to spread joy and give smiles. They are like … hugs in a bag!
This recipe can be DOUBLED or tripled to make as many as you require.
The recipe below yields 84 snickerdoodle minis!
- 2 1/2 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 3 tbsp sugar (for coating)
- 2 tbsp cinnamon (for coating)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the the flour, baking soda, salt, and the cream of tartar.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the eggs in one at a time, beating the egg into the sugar and butter mixture completely before adding the second egg. Add in the vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix it up!
- In a plate, mix the 3 tbsp sugar and 2 tbsp of cinnamon.
- Roll the snickerdoodle dough into 1/2 inch balls, and roll them around in the cinnamon and sugar mixture!
- Place on a cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for about 6 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
P.S. I made 2 batches of these mini snickerdoodles. Want to guess how many cookies that yielded? 178!!!! 🙂 So excited!