There has been many a time when I am just so darn exhausted after a long day of school and student teaching that I just want to collapse on the floor, pick up my phone, and call up Papa John’s! Seeing as how those times have increased to 5 times a week, that pizza bill will accumulate quite a bit!
Margherita pizza has been one of my all-time favorites! There is just something SO SPECIAL about fresh cheesy mozzarella cheese with juicy tomatoes, fresh basil and the slightest tang of balsamic vinegar! With less than 10 ingredients, and barely half an hour of work, you can make a healthy and cheap dinner for 2!
Try it and let me know!
- 2 Flatbreads
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Fresh Basil
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil
- 7 Garlic Cloves
- 3 tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush the garlic cloves. Mix with the olive oil. Brush the flatbread with 1/2 of the garlic oil mixture. Bake for 7 minutes to crisp them up!
- Cut the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese really thin! As thin as you can get it. Try to mop up the wetness of both the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese as best as you can!
- Place the tomatoes and mozzarella on the crisped flatbread. Crack some fresh black pepper on top!
- Bake for 7 minutes. Broil on high for 3 minutes.
- Chop the fresh basil into small pieces. Mix the balsamic vinegar with the rest of the garlic oil mixture.
- SO SERVE: Sprinkle some basil on top of the flatbread & drizzle some balsamic garlic oil on top!