Some of the most delicious dishes result from unexpected combinations of flavors and ingredients. For me, fruit and veggies are two food groups that aren’t the best combinations, unless we are talking finger foods and crudités.
One of the most delicious recipes I have ever made are actually a result of unexpected combinations of fruit and veggie – Mango Avocado Salsa! It’s so versatile that it can be eaten with chips, used in a salad, or just scooped into your mouth with a spoon!
- 3 limes
- 5 mangos
- 3 avocados
- 1 onion (any variety)
- 2 jalapeños
- cilantro (fresh)
- optional: garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper
- Using a food processor (or a knife) cut jalapeño and onion into small pieces. Because of the spicy kick, I like to have as small pieces as possible, so that the flavor is nicely spread.
- Cut mangos and avocados into pieces.DOES NOT have to be perfect! 🙂
- Finely chop cilantro.
- Toss all chopped ingredients into a bowl.
- Squeeze lime juice. Liberally salt and pepper.Add other spices if desired.
- Mix well.
- Serve with chips, with salad, or pack it in a mason jar for the go!
** NOTE: If you let the salsa sit for at least 6 hours before consumptions, the tastes will have marinated perfectly!