EVERY MORNING, I WISH I WAS THE FLASH. If I was the Flash, I would be able to zoom about going to the gym, taking a shower, putting on my clothes, applying makeup, and making breakfast in mere seconds before I headed out the door. Sadly, I am not the Flash, and neither is the rest of humankind. insert sobs here
Fortunately, over the past year or so, since I started going to the gym in the early morning before I head off to work or school, I have an entire arsenal of good recipes that I can utilize to make myself a tasty and quick breakfast.
This breakfast has many awesome qualities. They include: (1) CAFFEINE, due to the matcha powder, (2) FIBER & ANTI-OXIDANTS from bananas, and (3) PROTEIN, due to the protein powder.
This is literally the QUICKEST and YUMMIEST smoothie ever!
- matcha green tea powder (I bought mine at a Korean market. Amazon also sells some.)
- 1 cup milk (or dairy alternative – I use almond)
- 1 scoop VANILLA Protein Powder
- 1 frozen banana
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- You can also add more milk (or alternative) if you wish. I like mine a little thick, because it makes you feel more full! 🙂
- Place in a mason jar, screw on the lid, …. AND GO!