Ever since I started my graduate program at Stanford, I feel like I am on a constant GO GO GO! Thus, it is really hard for me to get in my meals, especially because I feel like I hardly have time to breathe sometimes!
But, breakfast is truly one of the most important meals of the day (but, let’s be real – every meal is pretty important!) so I have come up with a few short-cut recipes that will take me less than 10 seconds to grab as I am on my way out the door.
The strawberry parfait is a personal fave, and you don’t have to have it on the go! For those of y’all who have the luxury of sitting down for an actual breakfast – make it super pretty for yourself in a bowl or a wineglass!
Lately, my container of choice has been a mason jar! They are portable, spacious, and SO DARN HANDY!
- Greek Yogurt
- Chia Seeds
- Strawberries (about 5)
Hey friends, just an FYI, there is “no correct order” to the layers in the parfait.
Here are my usual steps:
- Place about 3 tablespoons of Greek Yogurt at the bottom of the jar.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of chia seeds. Shake it all about. I use chia seeds in my and Matt’s parfaits, because chia seeds are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids among other benefits!
- Place about 1/2 the sliced strawberries.
- Add 2 more tablespoons of Greek Yogurt.
- Add 1 tablespoon of slivered/sliced/crushed almonds.
- Add 1 tablespoon Greek Yogurt.
- Add the rest of the strawberries.
- Place 1 teaspoon of granola on top, with a light (1/2 teaspoon) sprinkling of coconut flakes.
- Place lid on jar. Grab on the way out the door. Enjoy!
This parfait will literally make you SO PLEASANTLY FULL! You will not be hungry or get the munchies until lunchtime!