Chocolate chip cookies are a safe bet – no matter what life throws at you, one can find comfort in that first bite of the cookie! It seems most appropriate that my first post to this new site is chocolate chip cookies!
With the crazy amount of readings and papers that life has thrown at me these past few weeks, I am glad to know that I have a trust chocolate chip cookie recipe I can rely on to de-stress!
It has never yet failed me … AND you will be a crowd favorite, when you bake a few of these nom-noms for your friends! It yields ~ 24 cookies!
- 2 cups all-purpose, unbleached flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet dark chocolate chips (AT LEAST 1 1/2 cups; you can add more if wanted!)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. At this temperature, your cookies will bake slowly, meaning that the moisture will remain in the cookies, preventing them from becoming dry!
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet OR spray a baking sheet with non-stick coconut oil spray, or butter it up, so the cookie dough will not cling to the sheet.
- Over a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt. Sifting ensures that there are no large, UNWANTED chunks of flour, so that the cookie dough will have an altogether smooth consistency.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until the three are well blended.
- In the “wet” mixture with the butter & sugar, beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until the entire mixture is light and creamy.
- Pour in the “wet” mixture to the “dry” mixture until the dough is just blended. DO NOT OVERMIX!!!!!!!!
- Pour in your chocolate chips and mix! Form 1-inch balls. Place on baking sheets ~ 1 inch apart.
- BAKING: For Soft Cookies, bake for 15 minutes. For Hard, Crunchy cookies, bake for 19 minutes.